Tuesday, August 5, 2014

What Could Have Been?

The past fourteen days have been devastating. My faith, for lack of a better word,  in another human being has been shaken. I thought I had a loving, honest relationship with a friend. Her behavior has shocked and disappointed me. Her betrayal has been heart breaking. Henry and I had hoped to help this person to a better life.

I personally am not sure why I was hurt the most. I not sure if it was the betrayal of my family member or the reject of help. I marvel at how this person is a product of their dysfunctional family. I want to scream out you are destroying any chance you could have of a better life. Instead, I am forced to sit back and watch as my love ones lives will be unraveled and damaged. It hurts when you open your heart to someone. I imagine God feels this same hurt and disappointment with mankind. We often let God down with our behavior.

We now grieve for what could have been and will never be. We thank God for the hard lesson we learned. We now know to plot our future plans in another direction. I am thankful God reveled the truth to me even though my heart was crushed in the process.

Prayers are coveted for the rough road ahead as the truth will come to light and my love ones will be devastated and thrown into torment. I pray for safe keeping of my love ones. I pray for this whole situation. I pray for the love of God to mend hearts. 


1 Corinthians 2:10
"These are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God."