Saturday, November 2, 2013

How To Be Happy!

I see many unhappy individuals that think money or material possessions will make them happy. They are constantly trying to fill the void in their life by consuming alcohol, food, or shopping. The problem is happiness can not be consumed, it comes from within your soul. They are satisfying desires which only brings fleeting happiness.

Happiness can not be achieved with money. Money may increase your comfort level in life, but comfort is not what makes people happy.

I have often been told I am a happy person. I guess it shows in our everyday life if we are happy. I have also been ask how can they find happiness? First and foremost it starts with your relationship with God. It is important to get the right amount of sleep, eat healthy, and exercise regularly. I think a grateful attitude is a must to being happy.

The other characteristic I think it takes to be happy is compassion. I have noticed people that lack compassion for others are always grumbling and complaining about something in life. When you give to others, it gives you a good feeling. I suggest you stop worrying and thinking about yourself and do something for others without resenting the act of kindness. I suggest volunteer at a school, nursing home, hospital, or church group. Set a goal everyday of finding and helping someone that needs food, clothing, or shelter. You do this and I promise you will be happy. When you are compassionate and help others, you get a wonderful feeling which is called happiness. I think when we are
compassionate we are exhibiting a Christ like characteristic. I think this is what makes us happy.




No comments:

Post a Comment