Friday, December 6, 2013

Christmas Spirit

I just do not understand when people say I dread Christmas. I love Christmas and everything about the season. What happened to Christmas Spirit? Many people find it hard to be excited about Christmas. They do not have any Christmas Spirit. What is wrong?

Christmas is not really about gift giving and spending money. It is a feeling of love, warm fuzzy gestures from stranglers. It is a mood, a state of mind.

I have had several people ask me how do I always have Christmas Spirit year after year? I do not know what to say. I suggest reading your Bible. I have an overwhelming feeling of love and gratitude when I think about what Christ did for mankind. I love watching Christmas movies all year long. I highly suggest watching Christmas movies and listening to Christmas music especially if you are having trouble with the Spirit of Christmas.

I bake cookies, fudge and other goodies. It is nice to take baked goods to work, and give to friends. It is a nice feeling when people get excited and thank you for the goodies. I love to listen to Christmas music when I bake.

The next suggestion is to decorate. You do not have to spend money, use what you already have in your home, attic, or garage. Everyday items can become decorations. Decorate every room in your house, keep it simple but decorate. It puts a smile on my face to see all the pretty decorations.                   

Christmas cards are a simple and inexpensive way to keep in touch with family and friends. Display the Christmas cards you get in the mail. Wrap Christmas gifts while listening to Christmas music, and drinking hot cider, this always helps to get people in the Christmas Spirit.

Plan to get together with family for Christmas, go visit shut ins and take them some goodies if their diet permits. It puts a smile on peoples faces when you remember them and take the time to go see them.

A nice walk or drive to see Christmas lights always helps to put everyone in a holiday mood. Dress in bright colors this also helps.

Be kind to others and wish them a Merry Christmas, and a Happy Holiday Season. Life is short this is one way to have fun and enjoy each and everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment