Saturday, April 13, 2013

I am an Early Riser

Henry my wonderful husband and soul mate of many years is not a morning person. He can get up early and did for many years of his working career. He is retired thus he does not have to get up early. Henry worked unusual hours through the years.

I tried through the years to become a night owl so I could spend more time with Henry. I can do it but it is hard. I wake up early no manner what time I go to sleep. Henry can sleep all day. I surmise Henry had to learn how to do this since he worked unusual hours through the years.

Henry and I have one child. He is twenty five years old. Scott is not a morning person. I tried through the years to no avail to convert him into a morning person. He has ask me to please tone it down in the mornings.

I have learned through the years to pay attention to my body and go to bed when I am sleepy. I am up first and can get loads done before they wake. I can have my quite time with God before they ever wake. I cook and clean without interference. I have learned to appreciate my quite time in the mornings.

A couple of months ago I was not feeling well and sleep in to 9:30 AM on a Sunday. My precious son was up at this hour (miracles do happen).  I was awaken by my son's stereo playing. My son apologized numerous times. He told me, "you never sleep late".

I was ask how I get up early. My advice is to get ready for bed early in the evening. Once you feel sleepy go to bed immediately instead of fighting sleep. I do think it helps to get up at the same time every day. I do not recommend a snooze button.

I am thankful to God we are all different. We need night owls to work in the emergency room to be police officers that work at night. It does seems like our world is set for morning people.

1 comment: