Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Roller Coaster of Life

This week has been a roller coaster filled with highs and many lows. Mother was much weaklier and sicker when she left the hospital Tuesday than when she was twelve days earlier when she was admitted. We got to bring her home Tuesday evening. She was so weak and sick she could not walk more than two feet and she had to sit to rest. She had a heart attack in the hospital. Her kidneys are not functioning properly since her hospital stay. We had to help her get up from the chair just to walk 24 inches before she would have to sit and rest. It was a struggle to breath. She was total care and did not seem to be improving. She was re-admitted to the hospital Thursday.

If she lives, her doctor said she will have to go to a facility to recuperate and gain her strength. She is so sick and weak. She has several serious health problems. It is such a struggle to breath. It has become a catch 22. A medication that would help one issue will harm another issue. 

Yesterday morning, when I left the hospital I felt like I was leaving my child at daycare. I keep telling myself she was in good hands. I hate she is with strangers. I wonder if that is scary to her? It is to me.

It was sad leaving the hospital last night. I am in prayer for the Lord's will be done in her life. I grief for lost shopping trips, and lost lunches. I wonder if she will be alive for this Mothers Day, her birthday, and Christmas? We have started the long good-bye.

1 comment:

  1. It is not uncommon to experience this feeling of being on a roller coaster.

    ReplyDelete