Sunday, May 26, 2013

Eyes Wide Open

This phrase "Eyes Wide Open," keeps going through my mind the past couple of weeks. I realized Tuesday the Holy Spirit was speaking to me. The Holy Spirit is sharing a Word of Wisdom with me.

We learn from the Bible there will be times that a word of knowledge will not be enough to solve a problem. This is where we need a word of wisdom. A word of wisdom will give us the ability to be able to apply the knowledge that we already have on a particular issue.

I know from the medical knowledge my Mama is in a serious situation. She has Congestive Heart Failure, (CHF),  Coronary Artery Disease, (CAD) diabetes, and edema which in her case is caused by heart failure.

She had been improving and doing great. The phrase "eyes wide open" kept going through my mind. I finally realized what the Holy Sprite was trying to prepare me to be realistic she is in heart failure. Her
heart can not pump enough blood to meet her body's needs. Her heart's weaken pumping ability causes the buildup of fluid (edema) in the legs, ankles, and feet. She has also had a problem with a build up of fluid in the lungs. She has experienced extreme tiredness and shortness of breath.

I need to be realistic instead of optimist. I need to keep in mind the prognosis is not good. I need to keep my eyes wide open and see the real world instead of what I want the world to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment